Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Origami Room Structures X In progress

Thank god for the Studio, or I'll be bringing lots of heavy stuff to school everyday. My own space, my own luxury of experimenting materials and lightings.

 have you seen a part-time tailor?

Pyramids/ triangles when lights are on. Exploration is still at infant stage. Started out using paper, when I realized, the wrinkles were unavoidable and the quality was apparent that it looks too raw and not sharp. Stick to a material which has a lampshade texture, kinda liking it. Someone stop saying its "illuminati" -inspired



Up to this stage, I'm still exploring the materials. Paper was such a failure due to its crumples. I did tried on Tracing Paper and the effect that I wanted did came out, only that i had that it gets crumpled every time. Well anyway, The search for proper lighting is still on. Im trying to get the circular lighting like this.
rather than what I'm exploring now, which is this

No comments:

Post a Comment